Sunday 23 August 2009

LETTING GO - by David Barber


LETTING GO

It only seems to happen when I look at the light.

A tiny pin prick of bright light.

I get a sudden urge to push, sideways, forwards, backwards and even upward but to no avail.

I think every now and then I can even hear voices, singing, weeping even and then nothing.

But, then the music begins and it starts getting warm, hotter, and then blistering heat rising up from beneath me.

Then it starts getting painful, burning, and I start to shout and scream but nobody hears me.

Then all of a sudden the pin prick of light gets bigger, almost blinding and the pain goes away, replaced by a feeling of complete euphoria.

I look down at myself. I was too young to die.


BIO:
Manchester born and bred, but now living in Crieff, Scotland, with my wife, Lisa, and our two daughters, Imogen & Melissa. Wrote some years ago but have recently been inspired to write again by an old and good friend (Col Bury) and the beauty that surrounds me up here. Always reading - when not entertaining my girls and working - crime and horror…and now writing!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Dave.

    Thought-provoking and cryptic this...
    ...until the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece of Micro. Liked the 'Music begins' bit. Made me think of The musics starting but the show is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Col....Thanks, glad you liked it. Thank Matt for taking the time to read it as well.

    Lee....Thanks again. Micro/Flash is all I can get done at the mo with work and 2 daughters, but enjoying it and trying to work on something longer......hopefully! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wipe the tears away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David

    Terrific Piece

    Well Done

    ReplyDelete